Chris, Misha, Kristen, and I tried to get out of the house by 9 for the hour and a half drive to the Cheesman Canyon Trail. We drove through Colorado Springs and up the canyon to Woodland Park.
We ordered sandwiches from Jimmy Johns in Woodland Park and stopped to pick them up.
The trailhead was packed and overflowing with creative parkers. Though we waited around a bit, we eventually drove about a half mile further up the road to a pull-off on the side of the road.
We got started on the hike about 10:50 am. It was already pretty warm. Crazy for the middle of March. I think our highs were in the mid-80s.
There were so many people fishing in the river all along our hike. We hiked about two miles. Kristen's shoes were definitely not hiking shoes and she was slipped on the loose scree on the granite rocks. I have fallen on those small rocks before, so I wasn't enjoying the last part of the hike myself.
By the end of our hike, we had gone about 5.5 miles (including the extra 8/10s of a mile to where the Pilot was parked).
We drove home via Castle Rock.