Sunday, March 15, 2026

Updating Furniture

Chris and I are slowly updating the look of our house. We purchased our new dining table back in February and sold our old dining table a few days later (Feb 23) to a guy who has a rental house in Kansas and is getting it ready to be a vacation rental.

Chris was even kind enough to use our trailer to deliver the table to the guy's house since it was on his way to work.

We purchased new stools for the bar height counter in the dining room. They had to have a small enough footprint that they wouldn't impact the walkway in the dining room.

The seats are a little firm, but Chris and I like that we have a good view of the tv while we eat dinner.

I also purchased a dining table plus a new accent chair for the living room. The blue accent chairs that we purchased back in December were just too "beach house" looking and didn't match our style.

A guy bought the blue chairs on Friday evening (March 13) and new furniture should be delivered in a week or so.

I asked our house designer, Jennifer, if she had any suggestions. She brought over a pouf (padded stool) in a color that we both thought would look good with the decor of our house.

I tried to find a chair in this color, but couldn't. Most of the color for this season is more of an orangey brown leather or fake leather.

I even used CoPilot to help me figure out what would look good in the living room as an accent chair. I posted this picture of our current set up.

He recommended this with an accent chair that swivels:


I found a chair that is somewhat similar. I'll post pictures once it arrives. Jennifer and I both convinced Chris that an accent table would look good too.