Last weekend, Chris and I spent hours working on the garden. We installed the sprinkler system. Chris put the sprinkler parts together and I dug the holes. Thankfully it had rained earlier in the week and the ground was soft enough, but, whew, it was still a lot of work.
Each box has its own sprinkler pipe and shut off valve.
This week, I finished off the boxes with weed fabric, a layer of cardboard, and then a bunch of twigs and pine cones from the yard. We will have our landscaper bring in some fill dirt for the pot 6 inches of the beds and then a layer of garden mix.
Top it off with a thin layer of worm castings and it will be ready for planting.
I think I will have missed the early crop window for peas, but I have strawberries from Home Depot waiting to be planted and already producing berries. They are the Albion variety that are ever bearing instead of just June bearing like our last bunch in Firestone.