Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads

My dad is wonderful. You could classify him as a jack-of-all-trades. He built houses, gardened, fixed cars, fished, scouted-and he was skilled at all of it. Many things I learned from him, others I wish I had (woodworking). My "wish list" for a husband included many of the skills, attributes and talents that I saw in my dad. He is a kind, patient, and loving father.



When I met Chris, I was instantly attracted to him, but I didn't realize that he too had many skills and talents yet to share. Some of the skills he had that pleasantly surprised me was the ability to fix cars, do electrical wiring, fix things around the house, and pick up new skills such as installing a sprinkler system. He, too, is a kind, patient, and loving father.

I am grateful to have both of these men in my life. Love ya.