Sunday, June 1, 2008

Skipper on my Shoulder Makes Me Happy



I am sure many of you have heard and sung along to the John Denver classic "Sunshine on my Shoulder Makes Me Happy" Every time I saw Misha and her new best friend Skipper, I thought of that song but changed the words slightly to '[Skipper] on my shoulder makes my happy.' To be honest, Amy and Kristen wanted little to do with Skipper, and I wasn't all that keen on him climbing through my hair either. But Misha was happy to walk around with Skipper as her new BFF and Skipper was rather content to hang around Misha.




Sadly, that all changed on Wednesday. Amy and Kristen were trying to go upstairs and big, ferocious Skipper was on the stairs. They tried to pass and came running in to the living room, "He's pecking me. He's pecking me." They got riled up, Skipper got riled up and when Misha came to rescue them all, Skipper took a little chomp on her face. The next line of the song says, "Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry" but was changed to "Skipper peckin' my face can make me cry."

Misha was soooooo disappointed. When I asked her what happened to her face, she replied, "I don't want to talk about it." By the end of the week, and after a few days apart, they began to be friends again, but Misha was pretty heartbroken.