Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grandma's Visit

Grandma Ball came for a short visit this past weekend. The girls loved having her come and all the fun stuff she brought: Wii Ski, Valentine plates and cups for a special dinner, and chocolate Valentine trays for making their own chocolates. They were thrilled last night as they realized Grandma had hidden Valentine Tootsie Rolls all over the house before she left--so much fun.

Chris and I made good use of her offer to watch the girls and went on a date Saturday evening and then a one-night get away Sunday night. Each Valentine's Day, our Stake hosts an adult dance. Chris freely admits that he isn't in to dancing that much, but he graciously conceded to go with me this year if I wanted to. I did. In twelve years of knowing my husband, I have never really danced with him.

I made reservations at Pinocchio's in Longmont, invited a few friends to join us, and both of us dressed up for a night out. Sadly, no pictures. We did have six other couples join us and had a great time. And yes, we danced. One thing I realized was that my husband is so tall, that it was difficult to do much more than wrap my arm around his waist. Still it was great. He probably won't readily admit it, but he had fun too.