Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trampoline for Sale...Like New



It has been a little windy around here lately. Fortunately this trampoline is not ours, though we had our wind and trampoline moment a couple of years ago. One afternoon my next door neighbor called me and said, "Would you like me to tie your trampoline to my kids' play structure?" I tentatively respond though somewhat confused, "Well, no, but maybe...just a second" I then take a quick peak out the window and to my shock our trampoline is sitting upright in their back yard in perfect position to be tied to their play place. "...yes, please do."

Chris was working at home that day and I ran upstairs to his office, interrupted his phone call and said, "You need to look out the window." He looked, quickly ended his conversation and headed over to the neighbors to help tie the trampoline down until it could be moved back to our yard. What is amazing is that in order for the trampoline to get into our neighbor's yard it had to become airborne enough to be lifted over a five foot vinyl fence. We're not sure if it was lifted up like a UFO or if it tumbled. The fence was perfectly intact, the trampoline was unharmed and no animals were injured.

Our trampoline is now staked firmly and deeply into the ground. I imagine that if the owners of the above trampoline ever get a new one, they'll find a way to protect their assets.