Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crazy guy

Last night I was waiting for Amy while she had her last dance class of the summer. The windows in the van were rolled down for maximum air flow, and I heard many interesting conversations as the locals sauntered on by to the corner bar. One man in particular was interesting, most idiotic, and had probably started imbibing long before leaving home. He walked down the middle of the street with his arms lifted as though he were driving. "I'm a Hummer. You can shoot at me, but I am bullet-proof so you won't hurt me. I'm a Hummer dude." Meanwhile his friends on the sidewalk are laughing and trying to avoid being too closely associated with him. Cars are backing up behind Mr. Hummer. He finally turned around, noticed the cars which amazingly enough hadn't honked at him, and raced over to the sidewalk. I thought, "Idiot."