Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kristenisms

I offered to take the girls to the library after lunch today; they wanted to go, yet Amy and Misha were squirting each other with little water pistols in the back yard and were not quite ready to come in. I knocked on the window signaling that it was time to go then returned to the computer waiting for them to come in. Kristen, always one for getting out of the house, had her shoes on and peeked out the office window to see her sisters still outside. She turned to me and said, "They're not hurry upping."

As we drove to library, Misha began to lament that she missed being on vacation, missed Aunt Lori's ranch, missed Aunt Lori, etc. Kristen, lending a sympathetic shoulder, replied, "Boo hoo, so sad." I chuckled as she repeated herself. Then Misha said it back to Kristen, and I instantly heard, "Mom, Misha said 'boo hoo so sad' to me!" Crazy kid. You said it to her first.