Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brown Guy

Disclaimer: This post is in no way a political statement of any kind. Neither is it intended to represent any racial bias whatsoever. This statement was made by a four-year old.

So in the middle of listening to some church music, a devotional presentation began on the LDS music station. I was in the midst of making dinner and didn't want to stop, wash my hands and change the channel. Kristen was eating lunch at the bar and asked, "Who is that talking?" I didn't know and responded as such. She then asked, "Is it that brown guy?" "Brown guy?" I asked with a quizzical look. "You know, the leader guy?" I thought for a moment. "President Obama?" "Yeah, Obama. Hah, that is a funny name." It made me chuckle, and frankly I was impressed that she had a thought-process at some point to remember the president of the United States.