Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

My girls look forward to the Christmas season with much anticipation--almost as much as me! It is the one holiday of the year that I go all out for. Our Christmas Eve celebration is still apt to change from year to year, this year the weather caused us to make a few changes. We normally go out to dinner on Christmas Eve but because of the snow and icy roads, we went for Christmas lunch instead to On the Border. After we returned home, I let the girls bring up ALL the wrapped presents from the basement. I always realize I have gone a little overboard when everything is piled under the tree and is spilling out onto the carpet. But it is always fun. Before the girls went to bed and had set out oatmeal for the reindeer, we talked with them about the true meaning of Christmas. We talk about gifts we want to give to the Savior and each of us writes down one character trait we will work to improve during the next year.

Our tradition is to open one present on Christmas Eve with it usually being slippers or pajamas. Chris and I sometimes have to get creative with each other, because let's face it, we aren't really growing out of our pajamas! (Though I will say I needed new pajamas because I have gotten smaller! Yaaah me!) Chris received a gift certificate for a one hour massage--that's better than dumb old pajamas any day.



The anticipation is overwhelming.