Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dead Battery

Walking out the door to take the girls to school today. It was frigid outside. Sadly, the battery on the van was dead and Chris was stuck in traffic 500 miles away. Fortunately, he called to talk while at a standstill and gave instructions on how to use the power jump starter thingie to charge the battery. Hopefully it won't give out again.

Update: It really was just too cold for the power starter to do much of anything. A friend came over to help give the car a jump and suggested I go drive for awhile. I began to figure the battery wasn't going to recharge much at all, when the rear sliding door wouldn't shut completely. I headed over to Autozone where they tested the battery and gave a prognosis of "Bad Battery". They then proceeded to change the battery for me. Woohoo for Eric at Autozone. Peace of mind is worth $90.