Tuesday, December 29, 2009

He Went to Jared...



Some of you might not have heard of this jewelry store advertising campaign, but it is pretty effective. A week before Christmas, Chris and I were on a date and had a little time to spare before our movie started. He suggested we go to Jared. Now, he is not normally the one to make suggestions such as this. I usually have to carefully craft my suggestions so that he sees them as a good idea. But this time, it was all him, and I, of course, was game to go along.

We started talking with one of the sales ladies about rings and diamonds. Knowing that a bigger diamond is a few years away (hint, hint), I still had to try on some rings and check out diamonds. I love the sparkle. His Christmas gift to me was to give my current ring a facelift. It needed to be sized down, rhodium plated, have a prong straightened, and cleaned. He picked up the ring on Christmas Eve and said, "You are going to love it."

When I opened the box, Christmas morning, I was amazed. I think the ring looked better than when we bought it. Because it is white gold, the gold was beginning to take on a yellow tone. The rhodium plating made everything a beautiful silver. I love it. Thanks sweetheart.