Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

A couple of years ago, Chris and I decided to take turns planning Valentine's Day. Last year we were fortunate to have his mom visiting for the weekend and were able to get away to a Bed and Breakfast. I knew that we weren't lucky enough to have Grandma visit this holiday, so our plans were a little more localized.

We talk about going to a dinner theater regularly, so I decided to make reservations at the Candlelight Dinner Theater in Johnstown. It is fairly new and our only other experience has been at the Boulder Dinner Theater. The theater itself is lovely and most seats offer a fairly descent view. The meal was okay, not stellar, and similar to Boulder Dinner Theater, you are not offered a lot of choices. The play was enjoyable.

I think we had more fun at the Stake Adult Valentine's Dance. This is the second year that we have attended. The planners do an amazing job in decorating and preparing. Chris is not a huge fan of dancing, but we have so much fun with friends and fun music. Plus he knows that I enjoy dancing...he sacrifices for me.