Thursday, February 4, 2010

Defining Moment in My Life

When I was 20, I was living at home, working, and trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life. One morning in December while I was at work, my boss found me and said that my father had been taken by ambulance to the hospital and that I needed to come with her right now. We normally carpooled to work together, so she drove me to the hospital. My father, who was 50 at the time, had had a heart attack. If you saw my dad in a crowd, you'd never pick him out as one who would have a heart attack. He's trim, fit and has worked hard all of his life. It was a defining moment in my life. From that time on, being healthy and fit was a constant goal. More than that, it became a lifestyle. Some are amazed that I get up at 5:20 most days to exercise, but what they don't realize is that I do it to save my life. I encourage those I love to exercise and be healthy. I challenge you to get healthy. Start by adding one more component of a healthy lifestyle in to your life.

PS I commend all those in the area who participate in 'Biggest Loser' competitions and run marathons. It is great to see so many people trying to be healthy.