In most years past, the Christmas decorating has been my deal. I am a huge Christmas enthusiast, and I love the gift giving, shopping, decorating, etc. Christopher likes Christmas as well, but he does not get into the spirit of things until about a week before Christmas. My girls on the other hand like to help and are excited for Christmas. Their "help" was not always appreciated in past years, and it was just easier to do it myself. In fact, their version of helping was to unwrap all of the ornaments and decorations, get bored, and leave. This year, I set the tree up, strung the garland and beads, and then moved on to hanging the garland on my banisters. When I was done, the tree was ornamented, the snowmen decorations were placed around the house, and it was wonderful to have the help.
We had purchased another shelving unit on Black Friday, so while the girls were decorating upstairs, Chris and his mom were downstairs putting the shelf together and rearranging the storage room. I LOVE an organized room!!!