Friday, November 19, 2010

Misha's First Pet

You'd think we got a dog. No, hell's still hot. But Misha was so excited last night. "I can't believe I am getting my first pet."

So I need to back up a little bit. Misha has been telling me that she needed a Betta fish for a school project. No real date as to when, she just needed one. She was working in a group with two other boys, and she had volunteered to buy the fish, it's bowl, the rocks, something for it to hide in, and fish food. And then, she was going to let another boy in the group have it all. What!? You want me to help you get all of this stuff and then you're just going to give it to someone else? I think it was because Misha knows that we have a no pet rule at our house. So I told her that she could keep the fish if she was going to take care of it AND do lots of extra chores to help pay for it.

Well, yesterday she informed that she needed to pick up her Betta fish and all of its supplies last night. All I can say is that she is lucky that Amy had a dental appointment in town, and I was already headed in that direction. I love how they leave everything to the last minute.

So Misha and Zeus headed off to school this morning. I gave her a ride with all of her fish paraphernalia but it will be interesting to see how the two make it home tonight.