Anyway, we drove back to the school for the picnic, and parked almost as far away as if we had just walked on over. I had blankets and picnic and stuff though that I thought would be easier than carrying from home. Misha found us and we sat down amongst hundreds of others to enjoy our lunch.
Most of the students were being signed out after lunch, but Misha wanted to stay, "I want to spend as much time with Mrs. Spong as I can." I told Mrs. Spong and she seemed touched. "Normally," she said, "I would tell the parents to take their kids with them, but Misha is welcome to stay."
Misha worked all afternoon to move desks, supplies, books, anything and everything that Mrs. Spong needed in her new classroom. When she got home, she looked beat, "Mom, now I know exactly how you feel." "How's that?" I queried. Misha replied, "I spent all afternoon working hard and sweating and all the other kids just goofed around while I worked."
A life lesson I hope she remembers well.