Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Swimming Lessons


Kristen has been taking swimming lessons at Sunset Pool this summer. I am now on my 3rd week of lessons...so much fun. Her first session ended last Friday. I guess her teachers told her that they would be jumping off the diving boards on Friday. Kristen isn't much of a daredevil, and she was definitely not looking forward to Friday. In fact, she confided that she was really afraid. I told her that her teachers would be there to catch her, and she would not be alone.

As she nervously waited in line, I got my camera ready for a few pictures. You can't overlook a first. When it was her turn, I yelled her name from across the pool so that she would know that I was watching her and cheering her on. She put on a brave face and tentatively walked to the end of the board. After a few seconds, she jumped. Woohoo Kristen. She was a little less afraid the second time and on her third try she tried to run and jump. It was more like run, stop, then jump, but she did it.