Chris and I had originally thought to go out of town for Labor Day weekend, but since we had tickets to Les Miserables, we were limited. We had a Groupon to Pirate's Cove Water Park that actually expired on Labor Day (the last day they were open for the season) and decided to make use of it on Monday afternoon. The morning was spent in doing some chores and catching up. After lunch we were on our way.
The park was packed. I can't even imagine how they fit all the people in on a hot summer day. It took about ten minutes around the parking lot a few times to find a parking spot. We had two cars, making it doubly hard, because Chris was headed to the airport later in the evening.
We found a small shaded spot to drop our towels and snacks. Misha and Amy headed off to the slides, while Chris, Kristen and I checked out all of the different areas. We ended up at the lazy river, standing in line for at least twenty minutes. Misha and Amy found us there and happily joined us in line. The river was quite nice for floating around in, though Kristen was probably a tad too small for her tube. After one turn around the river, she gave up her tube and rode on Chris' lap instead.
We went from the lazy river down to our shady spot for snacks and then jumped in the pool there. I retrieved our water camera from the car and got some fun shots for the day.
We stayed until about 4 pm. By then, Chris and I were ready to wrap things up. We stopped for a picture with Mr. Pirate dude.
We parted ways for the week as Chris turned left toward the airport and the girls and I turned right for home. We made a slight detour at Chili's for dinner and a last-of-summer hoo-rah.