Amy, Misha, and Kristen hopped on their bikes to ride to the grocery store to pick up some powdered sugar. They were gone for awhile, and I was mentally keeping track of when they should be back. I heard the back door slam and went down to check on the girls, when I saw Chris and Misha backing out of the garage in the Pilot, I asked. "Where are you going?"
"Kristen crashed on her bike." Misha had ridden her bike home to get us.
I hopped in to the car without any shoes on, and we drove the 1/2 mile to the ball park. We looked around for Amy and Kristen's bike and finally spied them next to the ball fields in front of the Fire Station. Chris went in first with Misha but since I didn't have shoes, I waited in the car. I didn't have the patience for that and wanted to make sure Kristen was ok. I hopped across the hot pavement to the sidewalk. Ouch. I rang the front doorbell without realizing that the garage bays were opened. The firemen looked at me kind of weird-like standing there in my bare feet. I said, "I'm with the other people," and they directed me to the bays.
Kristen was all patched up by this time, there were no more tears, and she was getting her very own plastic fireman's hat. Lucky! If you were going to pick a place to crash, next to the Fire Station was ideal. We loaded Kristen in to the car. Misha wasn't too thrilled that she had to ride Kristen's small bike home, but I was grateful for two sisters who took exceptional care of their younger sister.