Sunday, July 14, 2013

Kristen's Birthday Party

You might be wondering, "Aren't you a little late?  Wasn't her birthday in April?"  Yes and yes.  But her birthday happened to fall right in the middle of moving and there was just no way I could handle everything.  We told her we would have it later in the summer.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't that happy about having to postpone, but since she only gets a party every four years, she wasn't ready to postpone until next summer as I suggested.

We found some Living Social coupons for the Loveland Laser Tag center and promptly bought enough for a party for Kristen and then recruited some friends to buy coupons for a party for Misha.  We sent out the invites and Kristen excitedly waited for Saturday, July 13th.  As her friends began to arrive, I had them hide their gifts for Kristen throughout the house. 







The party progressed with smashing a pinata and then heading up to Loveland.  It took longer than we had originally planned at the Laser Tag Center, so Chris began texting parents that we would be an hour later.




The girls had fun playing laser tag, playing the arcade games, climbing through the laser maze, and some had fun on the climbing wall.  The afternoon also included lunch at their cafe and cashing in tickets from the arcade games for their prizes. 








We hurried back home for cake, nerd glasses, and final birthday wishes.