Amy started swimming lessons with Kristen at the beginning of July. It has been a good opportunity for Amy to learn how to teach and for Kristen to improve upon her skills; if we are going to be living on a lake, I want my kids to be totally comfortable with the water.
Teaching your sister is a bit of an experience. Being taught by your sister is a similar experience. Amy has had to learn the progression of a lesson. For example, you don't just jump right to diving the first day. You work up to it. For Kristen, it has been a lesson in letting your sister tell you what to do and respecting her authority. There have been a few power struggles but overall, I think it has been a good refresher course.
I hope that Amy will continue her study of being a lifeguard. I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing she had those skills.