Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, Chris gave me a weekend away to spend with my family in Utah.  I had originally scheduled to go in July, but Amy was asked to speak in church that same weekend, and I wanted to be here for that.

I left the day after Amy returned from Trek on Friday afternoon.  The plan was to return home on Monday evening.  I had an uneventful flight.  After retrieving my luggage in SLC, I followed the signs to Trax where I was going to start on Trax and head toward North Temple Bridge.  From there I transferred to the Frontrunner to head toward the South Jordan stop.  I must admit I was a little nervous about making the right connections, but it was not so scary as London.  At least in SLC, family could come and find me if I did get lost.  I didn't.  My parents, visiting from Southern Alberta for a couple weeks, met me in South Jordan. 

I had mentioned that I wanted to attend the SLC Parade of Homes.  Much to my gratitude, my brothers came along as well as my parents.  It was nice to spend time together.

We grabbed a quick dinner at Zupa's while waiting for my four brothers to arrive.  I got a few ideas as we toured the different homes.  Thanks so much to my family for humoring my desire to attend the Parade of Homes all weekend long.