For the past month we have had to live in a fishbowl as our landlord put the rental on the market. It has been frustrating and inconvenient and annoying to say the least. AND add to that, I don't think there has been a single week in all of that time that I haven't had at least one sick child at home. Now that's fun! Dragging a sick kid around for an hour during a showing when they can't breathe and would rather be in bed. At least I had a one-day reprieve from showings when Kristen was throwing up! I would guess (though I could go back and count on my calendar) that we have had upwards of 20 showings. No skin off the landlord's back, but you can believe he expected us to be out of the house. I accidentally refused a showing request and got a nice little text from him asking why? I am so ready to be done with this whole renting gig.
An offer was accepted on the rental just this morning. Yay! That's the great news. The bad news? Our house won't likely be finished by May 1st (when our contract is up), and we will be homeless for a short time. That should be fun. It all adds to the adventure right?