Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School-Misha

Misha started a new year at a new school.  I think she was secretly excited for a fresh start.  Secretly, because outwardly, she wasn't enthusiastic at all.  She rides the bus this year and much to my disappointment, this picks her up first and drops her off last.  She has to be at the bus stop by 6:40.  Last year, she wasn't waking up until 6:40!  Ah well, she doesn't seem to mind.  She even gets up at 5:40 to read scriptures with Amy and I before Amy heads to seminary at 6 am.

She hops on her bike and speeds down the half mile hill in two minutes.  She locks her bike to the front gate and meets the bus about a half mile after it leaves the bus barn.  She is the first of "9" students to ride this morning bus.  I am sure that in the darker days of the winter, I will drive her and wait with her.  The mom in me just can't do otherwise.  As she is dropped off in the afternoon (on a much fuller bus), she pedals back up the hill.  It takes a little more time and effort to ride back up the hill.