Monday, August 18, 2014

Sprinklers

Oh, the yard.  I'm pretty sure that last time we finished a yard at our Monarch Estates home that I said I would never buy another house that needed landscaping.  I mean it this time!  And we aren't evening doing all of the hard back-breaking work.  Chris spent all day Saturday working on sprinklers and installing an electrical conduit for a future garage.  The girls helped a little bit; I hung out inside organizing closets with the painters who spent much of the day finishing touch-ups and finally removing the blue tape from my walls!

After the painters left, I went out to help Chris.  He was winding down, but I was able to help by filling in the trenches after he finished adding the sprinkler heads.  (At least we thought it was being helpful as I watched some of the trenches being dug out Monday morning by the landscaping crew!)
It was a pretty pathetic way to spend our 17th anniversary, but stuff needed to get done.  We had landscaping rocks coming Monday morning and sod the following Friday.