Tuesday, June 23, 2015

An Evening with Kristen

After dropping her sisters off at the airport, I surprised Kristen with dinner at Chili's and then a night at The Orchard (an outdoor shopping mall) where they have bands play throughout the summer on Friday evening.  She had been asking to go for a couple of weeks and was thrilled when I announced where we were going.

As we found parking and made our way to the bandstand, she shyly asked if I wanted to dance, thinking that my answer would be no.  We danced and my little girl was having the time of her life.  I was having fun as well.  I enjoy dancing, and she was a great partner.  You know there is just nothing that compares to slow dancing with your little one while they sigh with happiness and wrap their arms around you.  We danced, we sang, we had a blast.  And she got a pink balloon, what could be better?



To top it off, we stopped at TCBY for a little frozen yogurt on our way home.