Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wicked

For Christmas last year, Misha was given two tickets to the musical Wicked.  (I thought it was this great surprise for her, but she happened to glimpse my iPad when I was buying the tickets a year ago.  Boo.  She had forgotten about the tickets by Christmas, which was a bit of a bonus, but still, Boo.)  Since Christopher was in Brazil, I was pretty much the obvious choice for her date.

I made dinner reservations at Osterio Marco.  I think next time she might just stick with The Cheesecake Factory.  Osterio Marco was pretty eclectic.  We chose to share a sausage, red pepper, and carmelized onion pizza with goat cheese.  It turned out to be rather tasty, but I know she was a little worried.  There weren't too many choices that either of us were excited about.

We had plenty of time for dinner and returning to the theater afterward.  We took a few pictures outside the theater and then jumped in a line for another picture with a huge Wicked mural featuring Galinda and Elpheba.  As Misha's turn came, she stood between Galinda and Elpheba.  The lady in line behind me remarked, "Oh, she is just stunning."  I agreed and thanked the lady.



We had fabulous seats.  We were in Orchestra section C row N smack in the middle of the theater.  This was my third time seeing Wicked in this theater, and I will say, the seats made the difference in picking up on facial expressions.  I listened to the family behind me who had never seen Wicked before as they made comments, "Oh, that is how he became the scarecrow," or big gasps when something tied in with the Wizard of Oz.  It was kind of fun to hear their excitement.

Merry Christmas Misha.