We were fortunate to have Grandpa and Grandma Kline join us for Thanksgiving Day along with Christine's son Aaron who lives in Denver.
Chris went early to play football in the snow on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know what it is about Thanksgiving that makes them want to play football, especially when they don't play at any other time during the year.
I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen and getting food ready for dinner at 3 pm. The girls finally did their chores from the previous Saturday. Our guests arrived after 11 am. We wondered where Christine, Aaron, and Kristen were after they went downstairs to play and found out later that Kristen was skunking them at Monopoly.
Dinner was delicious, though the rolls were a bit of a challenge. Kristen offered to get the roll dough going in the morning in the bread machine. I felt impressed to peak at the dough after an hour and it was just a bunch of mixed up ingredients without the water. Crap. I tried to start another batch, but my machine is such that it needs to rest before starting again. Wouldn't you know, I pulled the rolls out of the oven just as we were finished eating. People were still willing to sacrifice and eat a few of them.
Christine and Aaron left after dinner. Aaron was taking his mom to a hotel close to the airport since she had an early morning flight on Friday and the roads were not great. Grandpa stayed with us until Saturday evening. He and Chris enjoyed their time working on small projects in the basement together.
