Friday, March 25, 2016

No Longer Droop in Sin

As I was helping to remove the heavy snow and ice from the evergreens in our yard after the blizzard, I couldn't help but think about scriptures I had recently read--the Psalm of Nephi--in 2 Nephi 4:16-19:

16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.

Nephi lamented that he had made mistakes. We all make mistakes.

As I knocked the heavy snow off the branches and watched as they bounced back up, I couldn't help but think of the hope Nephi had when he said:

28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. (2 Nephi 4:28)