Thursday, March 10, 2016

DIY Lampshade

I have been casually looking for a new lampshade, but have never purchased one simply because it seemed more than I wanted to spend, especially when the lamps already had shades on them.  The shades were just ugly with water damage and age.

As I was looking at Pinterest one day, I had the inspiration to check out Lampshade DIY ideas.  There were many ideas to choose from.  After searching "pins" for awhile, I had thought maybe to spray paint the shade, but then a brainstorm hit and I realized I had leftover paint from our main floor bathroom.  The color would be a perfect match to my decor.

I began by taping off the metal at the top of the lamp as well as the inside of the lamp so that I would have a nice, clean edge.  I used a sponge brush to apply the paint after shaking the can well.  The lampshade required two coats, but I was pleased with the look once I was finished.






Misha, liked the idea so much that she wants to create a  DIY shade for her room.  I swear, I love Pinterest for the ideas and easy-to-complete instructions I can find on almost any topic.