Sunday, October 23, 2016

Miracles and the Goodness of God

A couple of nights before Chris came home from his last trip to India and Japan, he texted me that he thought he might have another kidney stone.  Oh, my heart sank.  Chris was getting ready for bed (about 7 am Colorado time), and mentioned that he was experiencing a lot of the tell-tale signs. After watching him experience a kidney stone last year and taking him to the ER, ahhhh, my heart was so overcome with worry, and prayer, and wishing that I could do something more. While Chris slept through the night in Japan, I asked family to pray for him. I prayed for him. I had a prayer in my heart throughout the whole day. I finally heard from him at 2 pm Colorado time. He woke up feeling fine. He handled his meetings like a rock star and returned home without any of the effects and has had no problems since.

His next trip to Europe had him leaving home four days later.  His body was so messed up.  He arrived in Manchester after a couple of days in London.  Most people like to think that Chris' travel is glamorous, but when he talks to me after finally arriving to his hotel room after 9 or 10 in the evening, exhausted, having missed lunch, and now waiting for room service to bring food, I know the traveling life is not so glamorous.

After I chatted with him for a bit and then said goodnight, I got a text a short time later, "I just threw up!"  He had just taken a sleeping pill, and didn't even remember half of the experience.  He said he felt better and then was asleep for the night.  Sometimes he gives me a lot of cause to worry.  The miracle was that the next morning he woke feeling refreshed and ready to go.

After a flight to Lisbon, Portugal a couple of days later, I received a text from Chris that went something like this:

Crap!!!!!
I left my iPad on the airplane.

Sometimes I just have to ask God to take over because across the ocean, there's so little that I can do.  Except I prayed.  My girls prayed.  Chris prayed...and made phone calls.

Chris Kline:
    they said they have it!
    I’m headed back to airport this morning to pick it up.  Cross fingers
    I got it!!
    Yay!  A good day
Jolayne Kline:
    I'm so glad
Chris Kline:
    me too
    blessing
Jolayne Kline:
    Lots of answered prayers and miracles for you lately.
Chris Kline:
    yes, for sure
    It’s been on my mind

 

Miracles happen.  God is good.