Friday, October 14, 2016

Most Hated Change with iOS 10

I upgraded my iPhone when the new iOS 10 change came out and instantly wished that I hadn't.  Prior to the update, I could login by pushing the HOME BUTTON and holding my thumb on the home button for Touch ID.  With the update, I would also have to push the home button a second time.  It was annoying!  What was the point of fingerprint recognition?

Last night as I was scrolling through Facebook, I came upon an entry on How To Fix the Most Hated Update to iOS 10.  It gave a step by step guide on how to fix the problem.  So, I am going to tell you as well, so you can stop hating on iOS 10...at least that part of it.

Unlock your phone with the annoying press, touch, press routine.  It will be the last time...I promise.

Go to your Settings Icon and then select General

 
Scroll down to Accessibility and select it.


Scroll down until you see the Home Button.  Go ahead and select it.


And finally slide the toggle next to Rest Finger to Open to enable it.


So I had mentioned to Chris a number of times how much I disliked this feature.  When I mentioned to Misha last night that I was able to fix it and thinking I could help her fix her phone, she nonchalantly said, "Oh yeah, I fixed that last week."  Grrrrr.