Friday, November 4, 2016

Thankful Day 4 - Dads and Daughters

There is an amazing bond between Chris and his girls.  When he travels we all miss him, and when he returns, it just seems as though suddenly everything is all right with the world again.  Chris has the ability to be a great equalizer of emotions in our home.  From November 2014:

Sometimes there gets to be a feeling in our home where the hormones are taking over and my emotions and my girls' emotions just escalate.  At that point, I am not really great at being an understanding mom.  But what amazes me is my husband's ability to understand and diffuse and bring calm to these crazy moments.  I am thankful every time he steps in with his humor or logic or simple kindness and teaches my daughters about love.  And in those moments, I am smart enough to step back and let him work his magic. 

For Chris' birthday, as we each sat around the table sharing why he was so important to us, Misha said, "I like working with Dad." Just being with Chris is a treat.