I love when Christmas falls on Sunday simply because church is only one hour. Our Stake Presidency threw a bit of a wrench in my planning though when they had all three wards combine at 10 am instead of our ward meeting at 9 am. It meant we would have a few of our Christmas morning traditions before church and then wait until after to open presents. Turns out we would wait even longer because Amy went to her boyfriend's church at 10:30. She didn't finish until 11:30 and then they took time to exchange gifts. So we had a bit of lunch and then settled down to open our presents Christmas afternoon. I didn't mind though. I love to draw Christmas out as long as possible. And my girls have learned over the years to love Christmas as much as I do.
Coming down the stairs Christmas morning.
Opening stockings. The girls thought to play a joke on Chris when they found a drug test at the dollar store. We got another drug test as a white elephant and played the joke on Misha as well. Apparently, they don't like their jokes ruined.
We opened a few gifts before church until 9 am when we stopped to get ready for church. The service was beautiful and only one hour long!
And then on to the fun.
You know when your gift is marked "Open Last", that it is going to be picture worthy. And though Misha has been hinting at an Apple Watch for over a year, she never thought she would get one.
I love a surprise.
Later in the afternoon, Amy and Misha pulled out the new game from Chris--Exploding Kittens!
And dinner. Instead of a turkey this year, I made Chicken Piccata. It might have been a tad too lemony, but otherwise good.