My eyes glanced over a post on Facebook days after the UCC shooting in Oregon in October:
The bravest person in America? The 2nd to admit to being a Christian after the UCC shooter murdered the 1st. Armando Hall
Some words stick in my head and find quiet moments to re-emerge. That is the case with these twenty words.
For most of us, our faith, our devotion to the Savior will never be tested in such a manner. But I do not doubt a declaration will be required of us all, and my thoughts have been persistent: Jolayne Kline, what does it mean for YOU to be a Christian and to be willing to stand as a witness for Jesus Christ?
We live in one of the most critical periods of all time. The powers of evil are fighting against truth and righteousness, and the battle is reaching a climax. Someday the war between good and evil will be won—a permanent victory for good. But right now each one of you can fight for the right on your own battlefield by making right choices about what you will do and what you won’t do as you learn to listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Once you make your decision to do what is right, you don’t have to fight the battle with every temptation that presents itself every day. You simply take a stand and say to yourself, “I will do this; I won’t do that.” And Satan will have to turn elsewhere to find his followers. Ardeth Kapp "Stand for Truth and Righteousness" November 1988
***
The future of this world has long been declared; the final outcome between good and evil is already known. There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard. The only really strange thing in all of this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team’s jersey we want to wear! Jeffrey R Holland
I take a stand here and now to affirm that I am a Christian. I testify that Jesus Christ lives, and He is my Savior. I am so grateful for Him.
I take a stand for modesty, chastity before marriage and fidelity in marriage, clean language, good music, living a healthy life, being honest, and serving others. I believe in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe in the family. I stand in support of the prophet and apostles and know that they are called of God. I stand on the Lord's side.