Saturday, February 18, 2017

Day 2 - Down Under

My flight sat at LAX for the next two hours as the airport had a back log of planes to take off due to the storm.  I fell asleep and woke just as the flight was about to take off, glancing at my watch to take note of the time.  It was well after midnight, and I was glad that I slept through the wait.

We were finally airborne and dinner service was pretty promptly started.  I wasn't really hungry and so very tired.  The attendants were busy passing out meals, but I was finally able to catch one's attention and asked for water.  I swallowed a Unisom and promptly fell asleep until 6:45 am.  After waking up, I checked the time left for the flight.  Eight hours.  Uggggh.  I got down to the business of watching movies and tv!  Pete's Dragon, Jack Reacher, BFG, The Light Between Oceans, and Fixer Upper.

I happened to glance one aisle over in the middle of the flight.  It was dark, most people were sleeping, and this crazy lady had white night cream spread all over her face.  Her mouth was wide open and she was snoring.  I had to stare at her for a few moments just to figure out what was going on with her face!  I debated about taking a picture.  Seriously, but good sense and decency overcame me.  I didn't take the picture.