Since moving in to our home at Pelican Shores, I have had my orchid in the dining room. I thought its flower cycle was normal as it would grow a few flowers and then lose them suddenly a couple of months later and then grow a few more a month or so later. However, when I would walk in to a place like the grocery store that was selling orchids and see their orchids covered in flowers, I wondered what I was doing wrong. I started reading about the proper care and feeding of orchids and learned that it would like more light than it was getting. And it liked a humid environment.
I moved the orchid up to my bathroom and was thrilled when, already having two flowers, it started to grow new flower buds. I can see new growth every day. It makes me happy.
This is the decor I have created around my tub. It makes me happy too.