I was grateful to sleep until 6:45 am. This was my view when I pulled back the bedroom curtain this morning.
I had my Beachbody workout videos on my iPad and chose to workout in the hotel room while Chris went to the Fitness Center, and I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy breakfast with Chris in the hotel restaurant before he headed off for another day of meetings.
I walked to the Queen Victoria market this morning. The market was a couple of miles away, but hey, I didn't have any thing else to do and walking is my thing. The weather was beautiful, and I enjoyed the morning checking the stalls of the market, looking for some fun touristy things, and feeling grateful that the vendors weren't pushy. I loved the food stalls with their colorful fruits and vegetables, the pasta, the crafts, the flowers, the meats...well, not the meats so much.
I had an enjoyable morning and met up with Hadis at the Federation Square train station. We had lunch at Betty's Burgers followed by a decadent piece of chocolate cake at Caffe Duomo. I rarely eat a hamburger, less often a cheeseburger, and I am pretty sure I couldn't often indulge in chocolate cake for lunch without dire results! And I had to take a picture of Hadis' coffee.
Hadis and I walked back to my hotel and parted there. She was went to the "factory stores" next door at the DFO (direct factory outlet) shopping center, and I sank gratefully onto the couch and rested. It was about an hour later when Chris was finished work and returned to the hotel. We planned to take the train to Glennferrie to meet Nik and Hadis for dinner at a Persian restaurant.
Before getting on the train, I told Chris I wanted to get a picture of this funky sculpture I had seen on Monday while on the City Tram. It was called, "Cow in a Tree." Pretty self explanatory, but why they would want it? Couldn't tell you.
From here, Chris and I made our way over to the Southern Cross Train Station to catch our train to meet Nik and Hadis. They picked us up from the train at Glennferrie, and then we drove for at least another 20 or 30 minutes until we reached Aliqapu Persian restaurant. We had planned to go there the night before when we met Nik and Hadis for dinner, but it was closed on Mondays. Hadis was pretty disappointed and insisted on taking us on Tuesday evening.
Chris lounged on the Persian rug and pillows as we waited for our meal to be served.
There was sooooo much food. Nik and Hadis took home six takeaway containers. They drove us back to the hotel. Again, I tried desperately to stay awake, but apparently I fell asleep.