I love my little garden area and am excited to get vegetables planted. I am trying not to think too hard about all the work it will be. We had the landscapers put in our garden area last summer with a fence, gate, and wire buried deep enough (hopefully) that the critters around here stay out.
The arbor at the entrance blew over in a mighty wind storm last fall. Instead of righting it, we left it until last week when Chris would have some time to secure it to the gate posts. We also weeded the garden beds, dug up the capped off sprinklers to get them ready for each bed, and made plans for more work this next weekend. We listened to the Saturday morning session of General Conference over the loud speakers on the deck while we worked.
I want to get garden soil that is a mix of peat moss, vermiculite, and compost. Chris is not so thrilled. I have spent many hours this week researching the vegetables, companion plants, plants to avoid putting together in a box, and when to plant each vegetable. It will definitely be a project all summer long.
Last year
This year