Thursday, April 12, 2018

Creativity Overload

A couple of months ago I received the impression that I needed to start writing a book and even was impressed with what to write, how to create chapters, and then how use my blog to enhance the information.  And in that time, other book ideas have formulated in my mind and so I have begun to document all of my ideas and record thoughts as I have them (because at 50, if I don't write it down, the thought is gone 10 seconds later).  I feel as though at 50 my "...for such a time as this" (Ester 4:14) is culminating in an explosion of words and thoughts and ideas.  Crazy because for the past ten years, my prayers have often wandered to, "What am I supposed to be doing with my life?"  Why now?  I'm not sure.  But I am excited for the possibilities.

Along with the books that I have been working on, I have creative projects with my garden and yard, with keeping up my blog, planning travel, and documenting my photography.  There is so much that I would like to do, and yet I feel sometimes as though my thoughts are so scattered and then...squirrel!  I am drawn in a different tangent.  I keep notepads in my bathroom and by my treadmill (at my desk obviously), to quickly jot down ideas as they come.  And they keep coming.

All of this creativity is awesome.  I find that I have to make myself finish my daily chores before I can get started.

When I was in college I took a poetry class and wrote this poem.

Brainstorm

Ideas
sprinkle,
slowly, at first, then
faster, until
I am drenched.

I feel drenched with ideas right now.  I am so grateful for the inspiration and realize that the more I prepare myself to receive it, the more it comes.  It is pretty amazing.