Saturday, April 28, 2018

Kristen's Birthday Party

Kristen had a birthday party with friends this year.  She planned it, researched it, sent out invitations, and even made her own cake from scratch.  She only invited a few friends to join her on her adventure party at Gateway Park in Boulder.

Maggie McMillan, Brynlee and Kayla John, and Lauren Adams arrived on Saturday afternoon with beautifully packaged birthday gifts for Kristen.  As has been her tradition at all of her parties, Kristen had her guests hide the gifts throughout the house and then went on a hunt for the presents.  Her friends know Kristen well, giving her thoughtful Paris-themed gifts, jewelry, bath and lotion products, and nail polish.



Before leaving for Gateway Park, Kristen served her friends cake and lemonade since we would be dropping the girls off on the way home.  Kristen even created the happy birthday words out of chocolate.



While the girls played miniature golf, Chris kept score while I took pictures.  Let's just say these girls won't be going professional anytime soon.  Kristen and Lauren both won a free game of golf.







The group then headed over to the go-carts for a spin.  Kristen later bemoaned the fact that she lost, saying "I was pushing on the pedal as hard as I could and my car just wouldn't go any faster!"



The final activity for the afternoon was the maze.  The girls formed two teams and raced to find the letters M-A-Z-E throughout the maze.  It was definitely a fun afternoon.  I think Kristen can add successful birthday party planner to her list of accomplishments.  I keep telling her she should be a wedding planner when she grows up since she has so much fun working out all of the details.