Monday, June 25, 2018

Flat Amy

A couple of weeks before our trip to Europe, I had an idea pop in my head that I thought would be a fun way to include Amy in our travels.  Ever heard of Flat Stanley?  I suggested one night that we should create a Flat Amy to take with us.  Kristen was all over the idea, and after I printed a picture for her, she set about creating a Flat Amy.

We didn't tell Amy about it hoping it would be a good surprise.  She was just a little (read "a lot") sad that she was missing out on such an amazing vacation and feeling stuck going to school in the summer.  We were sad that she wasn't able to join us; she is always a lot of fun to have around.

Turns out we missed her immensely but had a lot of fun posting pictures of Flat Amy throughout Europe.  And Amy?  She loved Flat Amy and looked forward to posts of where she would turn up next.

Hallstatt, Austria


Venice, Italy


Florence, Italy (turns out Flat Amy likes naps as much as Amy!)


Isle of Capri, Italy


Forum - Rome, Italy


Coliseum - Rome, Italy


Vatican Museum - Rome, Italy (Flat Amy can photobomb with the best of them!)