Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sick Days for Mom

When we arrived in Geneva, Switzerland, the landing was pretty painful for my left ear.  I thought that was odd since I wasn't sick or anything.  My ear stayed plugged for about five days afterward.  On our flight home from Europe, my ear was plugged again.  

Getting back in to the normal routine of life after travel, along with the jet lag, took some time and I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker.  It started with a sore throat and cough and heaviness in my chest and then moved to my head and sinuses.  After one week, I just wasn't getting better.  Finally on Wednesday, the 19th, I went to the doctor.  My normal doctor wasn't available so I had to see a new doctor in the practice (I told Chris the new doctor was very granola).  He didn't think I needed antibiotics but was willing to give them to me anyway.  I accepted the prescription and within two hours of taking my first dose, I was so much better.

I'm still waiting for my ears and sinuses to clear, but I am grateful to finally feel better.