There is a signboard along the highway not too far from our home where a local church posts messages each week for people driving by to easily read. The message this week is: The family of God is the answer to loneliness.
I will say that as my girls leave home, the amount of worrying that I do concerning them never diminishes. In fact, many times it seems to increase tenfold because I am not around to help them. As Amy and Misha become acclimated to new schools and roommates situations, my prayers for them are constant about finding friends, a posse if you will, that will make this college experience the most memorable time of life. Over the past couple of weeks, my prayers have been constant.
As I read the signboard message today, it reaffirmed my thought on my girls making friends within their wards and getting involved. You find acceptance with the people you serve and learn with. I hope that going to church gives them people to connect with, to hang out with, to make this college experience awesome.