Saturday, September 7, 2019

Yard Work

After some weekends away, the urgency to get out in the yard and start weeding was felt by both Chris and I.  Kristen?  Not so much.  We lamented having two daughters away at college and felt the loss of their help.

Chris had gone biking in the morning with some friends, so while he was away, I got started on those pesky yet resilient weeds.  I think I filled a couple of black garbage bags with weeds by the time Chris got home...and then there was the pile of weeds that I kept adding to down by the apple and peach trees.

Chris got right to work in the yard once he got home from biking and created his own huge weed pile.  An acre of land is sooooooo much work and the weeds never take a break.  That pile of weeds was a perfect example of the types of soil in the Parable of the Seed.  Can you see both piles of weeds?


This Saturday, we were both back outside working.  This week, I limited my time in the yard to a couple of hours before heading off to get groceries and work on other projects.  The yard could easily take up my whole day.