Teaching seminary has been interesting while recovering from foot surgery. I took a couple of days off while recovering, but tried to manage a week after surgery on my crutches. I think the crutches were a distraction.
Perhaps the crutches offered a different type of lesson however. As Kristen and I drove up to the Checketts home (the place where we have seminary) on my second day back to seminary, two young men walked outside and Kristen and I both commented, "What the heck are they doing?" It wasn't long before another young man came out as I maneuvered out of the car with my crutches and boot. The concrete was pretty slippery and they had come to help me inside.
I progressed from crutches and my boot to just walking—if you can call it that—with the boot. I clomped down the stairs one step at a time and my team teacher, Sister Ainsworth, commented from the basement, "Either it's a pirate or Sister Kline."