Kristen and I attended her holiday work party. She missed it last year and then saw all of these posts about the amazing giveaways of iPads and other great gifts.
We arrived at the Rocky Mountain Church in Niwot and put on our name tags and created a tag for the dessert that we brought.
The dinner was a potluck with all of the employees bringing something to share. No, there was no Chick fil A food provided.
Kristen met a bunch of her co-workers and friends there. While I didn't know anyone, I hung out at the table with a bunch of teen girls and tried to be inconspicuous among the friends.
The managers planned some games after the meal with a final "white elephant" gift exchange. I don't think "white elephant" meant the same to them as everyone was unwrapping really nice gifts.
There were no amazing gifts given by management this year except for a tv given to the winner of the ugly Christmas sweater contest.
As all of the ugly sweater candidates were lining up to be judged, one of the managers looked at Kristen and asked if she planned to participate. Offended! She said, "This is NOT an ugly sweater!"