The idea of moving to the Springs area really began to take root about 2 years ago when Chris and I planned a quick getaway to the area and just began toying with the idea of what life might be like in the area.
I remember thinking at the time that a temple would sure be a wonderful bonus.
The closest temple is in Denver, about 45 minutes away. Not far and certainly doable. We used to go to the Denver Temple all the time before the Ft. Collins Temple was built.
We have always loved Colorado Springs and have enjoyed our visits to Air Force games, the Garden of the Gods, and the mountains.
So on Friday we had a really busy day with Craig, registering him with builders so that he can get credit as our realtor, checking out property, and looking at current homes in the area.
We found a few builders and places to consider. If we are to move away from the magnificent view we have in Pelican Shores, both Chris and I would love to move to a property with an equally magnificent view.
We found a property owned by one builder.
But we would really like to build with another builder—Jayden Homes. Currently, Jayden Homes does not have any lots that we particularly love, certainly none with the awesome view of this one!
After spending a long day of looking, Craig and his wife drove home, and Chris and I drove to Salida where we planned to see the fall colors over General Conference weekend.
For our last two moves, it has been me receiving promptings and then sharing with Chris that moving was a good idea.
Before ever moving to Monarch Estates, these words were whispered to me as we drove by the neighborhood, "You will live here one day." That was out of the blue and moving was not even on our radar.
Almost ten years later, Chris and I were toying with the idea of moving to Pelican Shores after I had received promptings that maybe we should live there. As Chris and I arrived at the property, we both immediately received the distinct impression, "You should live here."
This time, Chris has been more gung-ho on looking in the Springs. I hadn't felt yeah or nay. But to be specific, I hadn't felt a strong "go for it" as I had in our other moves.
Since our visit to the Springs a couple of weeks ago, I have been praying and trying to let the idea of a move take root in my heart. Moving forward as though this might be the plan for us.
After spending all day looking on Friday, and then listening to General Conference all weekend with a prayer in my heart, hoping for some clear answer, I had still not received a confident "Yes, this is the plan for you" as the conference was drawing to a close.
Chris and I were driving home from Colorado Springs, and mistakenly taking the I-70 route with bad traffic and significant delays; we listened to the afternoon session of General Conference as we inched along.
As we listened to the prophet speak and heard him announce that there would be 20 new temples announced, I began listening to all of the foreign cities and locations.
I can't even fully describe the emotions I felt and the immediate, miraculous answer to prayer that filled our entire car as the prophet announced, "Colorado Springs, Colorado". The spirit filled my heart, and I was so overwhelmed with emotion. It was powerful. I can really only describe the intensity and power of that witness by saying, "If you have experienced such a moment before, then you know."
I started to cry. Chris grabbed my hand and I knew that he knew too. He said, "I'm driving so I can't cry."
Through my tears I noted, "I just needed a yes or no answer. I didn't need the miracle of a temple."
Shortly after the announcement, we received texts on our family chat from Kristen and Amy both saying, "COLORADO SPRINGS!"
God is in the details of the details of the details of our lives. He has been with us every step of the way and in each of our moves. Each move has been the stepping stone to the next.
One of the General Conference speakers this past weekend noted in the Saturday afternoon session, "Where there is a design, there is a designer." Elder Alan T. Phillips
We initially told our girls that we were downsizing, but have felt ever since that downsizing wasn't really the right word. When we think about our house, we look at the rooms we have now and realize that we use them all. We want the girls to have a place to visit with their families someday.
So, this is a new adventure...
God has been bringing about this miracle and moment for years now.
I often wonder as a miracle is about to unfold if heavenly angels aren't watching and saying, "Hurry! Watch! The miracle is about to happen!"
I put our names on the prayer roll this morning. The next miracle we need/want is a lot with trees and a mountain view (and perchance another miracle or "something better"—a view of the temple—would be awesome!).